Old September 8th 04, 03:38 PM
Marty

Default Shimano read derailleur SIS adjustment?

Hey r.b.t.

When using the adjustment barrel of the read derailleur to perform SIS
adjustment, the directions say to adjust such that when in gear 2, you just
start to hear noise as it tries to go to 3 (as you are increasing tension by
turning the barrel counter-clockwise). The question I have is - what
chainring should I be in when I'm doing this - big or small? The directions
are not clear on this issue. I always get it dialed in, but, it would be
nice to know that I'm following the correct procedure.

Thanks.
--
Marty