Old June 25th 17, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Embroidery lessons

It's lucky that I decided to dash out for needles yesterday even
though we used only two needles and what I had on hand would have done
fine.

On the way back, I realized that I had a slow leak in my back tire,
and by the time I got to the Cerulian's parking lot, it was soft
enough that I had to get off and walk. I don't remember why I didn't
backtrack to the Trailhouse and have them change the tube at once. I
think I was short on time.

No time this morning, either; I didn't make more cardboard circles or
cut and fold the extra sewing kits for giving away floss;
http://wlweather.net/PAGESEW/RUFFTEXT/SEWKIT/SEWKIT6h.JPG didn't
need that, either; our only two customers left so suddenly that
instead of winding their floss neatly, I just cut some and stuffed it
into their bags.

And I forgot to give them ribbons and backing paper. They didn't have
time to choose ribbon color anyway, but they *need* backing paper.
Perhaps I'll make some white papers and put one into each of the
sandwich bags in the envelope. Or the bags are transparent; I could
put a different color of paper into each bag and let them choose which
bag I put their take-home work into.

We had a ball nonetheless, and were shocked when we were told to go
home. Denise is a lot of fun to talk to.

I wonder whether we'd have gotten more business if our shill had
showed up?

Wednesday was a good day for a ride, but I couldn't work myself up to
Mentone and back, or Nappanee-Bremen. Though I did get so far as to
figure out that I could avoid SR 15 (which is desperation-only for the
summer because of work on the bridge over the Tippy) by going to
Bremen instead of Nappanee. But there are no major supermarkets in
Bremen where I can park for a few hours un-noticed. The high point of
the tour is to be an investigation of Rentown Country Store, and I
might well buy something there that I want to keep in a cooler in the
car. And it's small enough that I can tell them why I'm leaving my
car in their lot. Except that it would be the truck, because I can't
get my bike over the ledge in the trunk without help.

So I went to look at the roundabout work on Husky Trail; to my
disappointment, the approaches don't allow for future widening of the
road. But 175 E is only a little farther than 100 E. Came back by
way of Big R because we were almost out of cat food, but they had only
huge bags of Perfect Weight food, so Al is luxuriating in a very small
bag of elderly-cat cat food. But when we put him back on the
weight-control food, he will pig out again; he loves a change of pace.
You'd think he was an omnivore, were it not that he is disgusted by
all human foods, including cheese. He makes a very grudging exception
for liverwurst; perhaps I'll let him sample the liver pate' when I
open it.

Anyhow, when I suited up, my do-rag wasn't on the brake cable where I
dry it after washing it. Oh, ar! It's still in the washing machine!
But it's hot; I won't mind putting it on wet. But it's not in the
washing machine, or anywhere else that I can think of. It was already
late and I didn't want to spend all day hunting my do-rag, so I
borrowed one of Dave's and rode off.

When I got home, my do-rag was still in its second rinse in the
bucket. So I spun it out and hung it on the cable. Dave's do-rag has
a spot on it and should be washed next Monday anyway.

The next time I see a pile-up of traffic in Culver's parking lot, I'll
turn around and go back to Martin's for one of the snacks that I will
have just rejected. A small order of onion rings was *not* worth the
wait. I liked the lemon custard at Ritter's later on. But it made me
long for sweet-cream custard. I haven't tasted sweet-cream ice cream
since my only trip to Union Station (which folded shortly thereafter;
all the shops were looking shops; the only places actually taking in
money were the snack bars).

I think I had some sort of structure in mind when I sat down to write,
but it's past time to brush my teeth and go to bed.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net