Old September 14th 15, 05:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Fuel stops

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 20:37:55 +0100, Phil W Lee
wrote:

[snip]

I like fruit flapjack, and if making it myself I use honey instead of
golden syrup (although that doesn't give any nutritional benefit, it
tastes nicer).
With sugar (both the plain sort and in the form of syrup or honey),
oats. and some kind of dried fruit in the mix (banana & date is my
favourite), it makes almost a meal in a bar, and you don't need any
utensils to eat it.
You can make it by the large slab-load, cut it into whatever portion
size you like, and store it in an airtight jar or tin until needed -
It keeps extremely well.
Just carry it in a sandwich bag, either in a pocket or whatever
luggage you prefer.

I used to make a "high-calorie muffin" of equal parts of sunflower
seeds, raisins, and self-rising mixed edible powder, with mashed ripe
banana or other sweet for the wet ingredient. Eventually I figured
out how to make it into bars, which was a lot easier than dividing the
dough into eighteen muffin tins. Nowadays, between reduced range and
living in town, I count on buying food along the way, and carry Aldi's
fruit-and-grain and "protein" bars for emergencies.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/