Old September 15th 15, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default AG: Fuel stops

On 9/14/2015 9:13 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

On tomorrow's trip, the first stop is a grocery, the second is a
hospital with a very good cafeteria...

Hospital food is often underrated. On one long tour, we rode into a
small town and asked a guy about a good place to eat supper. He
recommended the hospital cafeteria as having some of the best food in town.

It was very good indeed, and quite inexpensive. The folks in the
cafeteria seemed to think our cycling garb looked funny, but the eating
was fine.

I remember a group of teens openly snickering at us. As we left, I
walked over to them and asked them some innocuous question, and
eventually mentioned that we'd ridden over 60 miles that day. It was
funny to watch the snickering get replaced by a sort of shyness, then a
bit of respect.

--
- Frank Krygowski