Old June 4th 05, 07:27 AM
RobD

Default Lost in translation

Gets my vote since i hate speed cameras or as they insist on calling them
"Enforsement cameras"

Yeah right ...tomato tomAto!

RobD

"Chris" wrote in message
Tony Raven wrote:
Reading a report on the LCC list about another cyclist killed in the
City (hit from behind by a motorbike while stationary at the side of the
road) I realised that we need a dictionary to translate what they say
into what they mean (a bit like a dictionary of cockney)

For starters from that report we have:

"the lack of a helmet could have been the
'cause' of death" = He was killed by a motorbike*

Other entried invited

Speed is the cause of many accidents = Driving like a c*nt is the cause
of many accidents, of which speed is just one aspect