Old November 29th 03, 06:46 PM
Andrew Martin

Default Why watch TDF in person (really long)

Mike Latondresse wrote in message ...
(Andrew Martin) wrote in
om:

but the view back over Annecy is BEAUTIFUL.
Can't wait.

Annecy alone is beautiful, and nice riding in that area.

Annecy has become our adopted relaxation town when we follow the tour.
Great rides in and around the area and the lake is so nice to cool
down. The Forclaz is actually quite a tough climb (even though it's
fairly short).

I know of only one place to rent bike in Annecy, and it was a pretty
suspect ride at best. I can't bring my bike the year because I'm
traveling with the family, but it would be nice to rent a nice ride
for the day before the tour while they all go shopping. Any ideas on
where I can get a 60cm, less than 10 years old with components
anything better than Sora? The last place we went was in Sevrier
(sp?).

Itinerary:
6 days in a Tuscan Villa
2 days in Rome