Old July 9th 18, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default speed hub without chain rail

On Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 9:15:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Could pedals be attached to a speedhub like the 8-speed Sturmey-Archer (1:1 to 3.239). Would there be any mechanical issues (installing pedal on both sides) or torque or start up issues?

This is a proof of concept bike, uses no chains or sprockets. I have zero familiarity with these speed hubs, so I expect part or all of my questions to be ill-informed.

Note, I can design and have fabricated mating parts as would be required.

TIA
NetMax

Thank you for that info Andrew.