Old February 11th 13, 05:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Big Pine, CA to White Mountain

I am impressed with your ambition and fortitude. I too have hiked to the summit from the parking area. I think you would have found the last half mile or more quite troublesome on a bike, even a mountain bike. The road there consists of four-to-five-inch size loose rocks and is very steep. But it must be so much easier to go down by bike than walking. You should try to get to the summit again sometime. The view is magnificent, one of the greatest expansive overlooks in the entire American West.