Old August 3rd 05, 06:51 PM
Peter Cole

Default One tight tire!

wrote:
I recently had to replace a tire on an old(Suntour freewheel)700c
wheel.I got the old one off OK but I could get the new one on for the
life of me.So I took it into a shop and the guy manaaged to install it
with a great deal of difficulty.It was only one day until I had another
flat and I couldn't get the darn tire off.Are there any tricks for
getting a tight fit on?What could be causing this?I know the tire
should be pinched to give it more slack but that was inadequate in this
case.Thanks.

Get a new (different) tire, a fit that tight just isn't worth the bother.