Old August 28th 19, 05:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default Chinese Carbon Wheelset

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 8:50:44 AM UTC-7, Duane wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:

The rolling resistance tests that the factory teams ran seemed to
indicate that depending on the size of the rider, that 26 or 27 mm tires
were the lowest rolling resistance. When I was 190 lbs the 28's seemed to
offer the lowest rolling resistance and most comfortable ride. But since
I'm down to 185 the 25's seem to work better.

The friend I’m talking about weighs probably 110. But I think her and her
husband explore sometimes so may encounter gravel more than me.

Climbers used to often be as light as 110 lbs. Even Il Campionisimo (Coppi) was only 150 lbs.