Old September 14th 06, 06:23 PM posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general
Phil

Default Helmet Nazis at It Again!

On 14 Sep 2006 07:20:39 -0700, "NYC XYZ"
wrote:

A news item the last two days has been how the City is planning another
200 miles of bike lanes. For some reason, the liberals can't resist
throwing in the tidbit about some study finding that ~97% of bike
fatalities in the City involve riders not wearing a helmet. WTF???

Is this since they made a helmet law? Or in general? If it's the
latter, then I would expect something like this. People have been
riding bicycles a long time.

I remember someone pointing out to me years ago that, since the
seatbelt laws came into affect, fatalities have dropped. At the same
time, crippling injuries increased because all those who would have
died, survived....though barely.

Phil
======
visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:
http://www.hbd.org/nychg