Old April 19th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
N8N

Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On Apr 19, 12:03 pm, wrote:
On 19 Apr 2007 08:34:20 -0700, donquijote1954

wrote:
Hey, we get screamed at, doored at, spitted upon, pushed around and
even killed, isn't it time we enjoy the same benefits as other
Americans? When is a cyclist going into a rage and mow down all those
careless SUV drivers who make us feel worthless?

Imagine this scenario: You get hit and as you roll down the pavement
you draw and...

I guess we cyclists are too pacific for that (or just that we aren't
Republicans), but in light of all that violence out there, shouldn't
we rethink our strategy (everyone to himself) and get together to
launch a good nonviolent campaign?

Here's a good identifying T-shirt...
http://www.cafepress.com/burncalories

Still Bush defends the right to bear arms

Still, it's the Constitution that affirms ( not 'gives' ) that
RIGHT, and he abides by the Constitution.

In this particular instance, yes. "unreasonable search and seizure"
not so much.

nate