Old May 17th 07, 08:02 AM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tom Keats

Default What American Cities are Missing: Bikes by the Thousands

In article ,
"Bill Sornson" writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
"Bill Sornson" writes:
donquijote1954 wrote:

Didn't you say you were leaving Usenet? (Or at least the cycling
newsgroups?)

That was Bill B. I picture him tearfully hugging
the hood of his 440 Charger[*] and proclaiming: "I'll
never leave you! 'Til the end of time! You 'n me!"

Hey, my very first car was a (used) 1968 Dodge Charger with a 440.
(Fire-engine red, black vinyl top.) I'm truly lucky to have survived
teenage stupidity and that much power. (Especially with relatively skinny
14" wheels/tires.)

Bill still Peter Pan'dly lingers there.

My very first car would have been a '48 Canadian Willys jeep
with a real Jeep engine c/w armoured oil pan. Handed down
from father to son to son. I would have been the next son,
but my mom gave the ol' death trap away to some "friends"
she didn't really like, before I could get my hands on it.
It was a hardtop faux woody. One of its characteristics
was that it could run on three wheels should one fall off --
which sometimes happened. Another other was, you could flick
a cigarette toward the windshield and it would instantly get
sucked out the no-draft.

DonQui just said he was quitting riding his
bike 'cuz he couldn't hack it. But apparently
he still fancies himself as some sort of lyric,
all-talk/no-walk revolutionary/****-disturber
who wants other people to do his "revolution"
for him.

Ah, I thought he included a promise to take his stylings elsewhere as part
of the parting. My bad.

He was asked to, but his reply was typically wishy-washy.

Bill "anyone taking bets on when Mensa Baka will be backa?" S.

Mention of Dodge 440s will be irresistable to him,
that ol' fat-ass SUV NASCAR Lance Armstrong.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.