Old April 19th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Amy Blankenship

Default DC Metro (was Reckless, Aggressive Straphangers: Homegrown Terrorists)

"Bolwerk" wrote in message
m...
Amy Blankenship wrote:
"Martin Edwards" wrote in message
Tom Sherman wrote:
Martin Edwards wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Martin Edwards wrote:
[...]
Ok, smartass, try living in Lafayette for a week without a car.
Southern Comfort my ass.
Where is Lafayette and why would I even want to remotely consider
living there?

Tu ne sais rien de ta patrie.
Where is Lafayette Canada, then?

Sorry, my bad. I was referring to Lafayette, La. I know quite a bit
about francophone Canada. I watch Téléjournal nearly every day on the
French channel TV5.

I think probably Atlanta is the only Southern city with a decent transit
system.

I found it kind of crappy. And Jesus, I hear that MARTA acronym joke way
too much down there. The whites almost seem smug about it.

Compare, for instance, to Gulfport, Mississippi ;-)