Old August 6th 13, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:

The incidents are piling up one on top of another. All you
need do is broaden your perspective.

Where Ed ? I'm happy to broaden my perspective ... but you're not helping me are you. You made a statement that incidents were happening daily and the evidence thereby piling up. Where ? Show this evidence to me please ... if it's that ubiquitous surely there is some record of it online ?

A good place to start would be Mr. Vandeman’s emails provided you are fortunate enough to get on his list. Another good way would be to do a Google search on the Internet under an appropriate subject heading. Hikers are constantly being harassed and injured by thug mountain bikers.

More ad-hominem ?

Everything is tit for tat with me.

I attacked your propositions, not you.

When an attack borders on being terminally stupid, then you are going to get what you deserve. It is part of My Greatness!

There are approximately 50 million mountain bikers in the

USA. I have no idea how many ride on which type of trail ... do you
?

Yes ... only a few. Most mountain bikes are ridden on streets
and roads as they should be.

Groan. More generalities and inanities. Numbers ? Sources ? Proof ? No ?????

You must be an idiot almost on Tom Sherman's level. Facts could be shoved up your dumb ass and it wouldn't make any difference. Why not try some common sense for a change.

It is mainly older people who are dying of heart disease. The
fact remains that mountain biking on single track trails is extremely risky.
Only a fool would argue to the contrary.

No, Ed, only someone who had done the maths and figured out the death rate ... which when compared with other activities shows it to be pretty safe.

Only morons put any trust in a statistic. Half the time, who knows what is being measured.

And, unfortunately, no it's not just the old who are dying of heart disease ... the profile of deaths are getting ever younger (source: World Health Organisation).

“It is mainly older people who are dying of heart disease.” – Ed Dolan
[...]

The predominate mental attitude of cyclists on trails is one of fun and
games, not appreciation of nature as it is for walkers.

You don't know why all walkers are there and, in any case, it's irrelevant. Whilst you might feel that the only valid use of a trail is for the appreciation of nature it's a free country and not everyone has to think as you do.

The mark of Cain is upon you. “Hey, I want to do what I want to do.” You are a childish boob who only knows the language of force. Mr. Vandeman and I are working on that. We will get all you kiddies banned from our sacred hiking trails sooner or later. It is just a matter of time.

Cyclists on trails are slobs
and barbarians whereas walkers are gentlemen and civilized.

Not worth responding to ... characterising millions of people as having the same attributes is so obviously wrong.

Not millions – only jerks like you who think you have a right to something you have no right to. What's the matter? Can’t walk?

The only circular logic here is yours. Hey, I want to bike on
trails because I want to bike on trails. Selfish and childish to the core!

No, Ed, that's misrepresentation. My proposition, which I've stated again and again, is that a public resource should be shared, reasonably, by the groups who wish to use it.

And I have stated previously again and again that a public resource must must be managed intelligently, not stupidly for the likes of you and your ilk. What you are doing is nothing short of vandalism, physical and mental, to a scarce and precious resource. There is no requirement that everything must be shared. Are you just pretending to be stupid or is it for real?

You are wrong on all
counts. Cyclists need to get their own trails, at which point I don’t
give a damn what they do or don’t do. **** ‘em all I say!

I've been wrong many times in my life ... but bereft facts and logic to backup your position I won't be changing my mind.

Of course not. You are a selfish spoiled child who wants to do what you want to do We adults will have to take you in hand and teach you the ways of the world.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great