Old September 22nd 04, 02:39 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article ZF64d.236029$mD.122166@attbi_s02,
Brent P wrote:
In article , Frank Krygowski wrote:

If more drivers thought like Mark, traffic calming measures like speed
humps would be much less necessary. And I think all of us would prefer
that.

Great. So fix the interstate speed limits and work your way down the
scale of roads. Then you won't have people doing 40 on a 20 mph
residential street any longer because speed limits will have their
meaning restored. It's wrong to have speed limits that meaningful in
some places (residential streets) and totally meaningless elsewhere
due to severe underposting (55mph posted interstates)

Wouldn't matter. Even if everyone driving through Frank's
neighborhood was doing the speed limit or below, he'd still complain
they were going "too fast" and want some sort of "traffic calming"
installed. He probably sits out on his front lawn yelling at everyone
who drives by that he doesn't know to "slow down". I've had such
people yell at me while I'm driving in my Miata -- only to look down
and see I'm already doing less than the limit.