Old October 6th 18, 08:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Chicago: Minus one cyclist

On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 22:12:34 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 14:48:37 -0400, Radey Shouman
wrote:

I can imagine that new technology
will be used as a justification for allowing physical signs to fall into
disrepair, and am not looking forward to it.

It's already happening. Several years ago I got lost because an
intersection sign had rotated ninety degrees and the county hadn't
bothered to rotate it back.

Sometimes I can't find the sign at all.

I was once cited for running a stop sign. The next day I went back to
the intersection and found that the stop sign was completely hidden by
a tree and bushes that had grown up since the sign was installed.
--

Cheers,

John B.