Old April 21st 10, 12:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Default Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Apr 19, 10:51 am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
Then post the part where the court says bikes ruin solitude.

I never said that. As I said before, IMBA said that. Ask your mommie
to read this for you:

From: "IMBA"
Subject: MT riders just lost trail access, are your trails next?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:15:34 -0600

Urgent... IMBA needs your support right now
DONATE NOW!

Free The Trail socks feature a cool fold-down cuff. Every donation of
$35 or more earns a free pair. But hurry -- supplies are limited.

Last week, Montana mountain bikers saw trail access cut from 170 miles
to just 20 miles in the Hyalite-Porcupine-Buffalo Horn area.

The news led Bob Allen, a devoted Montana mountain bike advocate, to
say, "We are about to lose many, many miles of the best singletrack on
the planet."

But IMBA has not given up on regaining access to these trails. And
neither should you.

The restrictions stem from a lawsuit that challenged the Forest
Service's management of the area, setting the stage for similar
scenarios in Montana, and perhaps across the United States.

Is your favorite trail next? It's essential that you donate to our
advocacy fund now and help IMBA protect the places we ride.

The judge's decision was not based on environmental impacts caused by
mountain biking. It was intended to increase other trail users'
feeling of solitude.

By donating to IMBA, you are helping put advocacy staff on the ground
in places where anti-mountain biking policies like this are debated.

Because of your support we’re also able speak loudly on Capitol Hill.
IMBA staff meet with congressional leaders, testify before
congressional committees and conduct workshops on behalf of riders
like you.

We all know that one of the best ways to enjoy America's superb
outdoor experiences is from the seat of a bike.

But think about the magnitude and the importance of challenges we face
as trail users. Opponents to our sport are united and powerful.

Take the lead with IMBA today and support our work to provide great
trail experiences.

Thanks in advance for your donation,

Executive Director
International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA)

P.S. As a thank you, every donation of $35 or more earns a FREE pair
of FOX "Free The Trail" socks -- while supplies last. It's time to
protect our right to ride... please donate.

P.S.S. Read more about the situation in Montana.
207 Canyon, Suite 301
Boulder, CO 80302
United States

We have ample
proof that you make up stuff as you go along, this is just another fine
example. You have taken a statement out of context and made it into a
headline, then supported the headline with a paragraph that is also out of
context and says nothing about the topic that's in the headline.

Yeah, you need to recalibrate your stupid-meter so it catches the **** you
post and stops you from being stupid.

/JS