Old February 22nd 19, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

Default This group

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 01:28:05 -0800 (PST), wrote:
On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:28:13 AM UTC, Simon Jester wrote:

Panaracer Pasela is the best tyre.
SON Deluxe is the only way to go lighting.
I ride a Dawes Karakum.

Schwalbe Durano Plus are the best tyres.
Exposure lights are the best.
I ride a Scott CR1.

For commuting / utility use I'd say Schwalbe Marathon Plus are better
- being bullet-proof is worth a lot when you're cycling to work in the
dark in the rain.

Something hub-dynamo-powered is better for lights - I just don't need
to think about lights - they are on the bike, and switch themselves on
when required. I don't have a SON though, just Shimano hub and B&M
lights.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig