Old August 4th 19, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Trek/Bontrager Wavecell Technology Helmets

On Saturday, August 3, 2019 at 5:47:38 PM UTC+2, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 8/2/2019 11:49 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2019 21:03:30 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Visors returned 10 years later with a softer
material and breakaway mounting)

But they blind you when you get down on the drops.

Yesterday evening, my wife and I rode the tandem out to a nearby town to
get dinner. We returned after sunset, happy to have our generator
headlight running.

But the sky still had quite a bit of light, especially as we started
home. In that situation, I find the bill of my cycling cap handy.
Shading the sky's brightness helps with low light vision. And it's even
handier when a car approaches with bright headlights.

The cycling cap makes it easy to adjust the position of the bill so the
glare is blocked but the road surface is visible.

--
- Frank Krygowski

I agree with Joy. Visors or a cap annoyingly block you field of view when riding in the drops or even low on the hoods. They are OK when riding more upright on a utility bike or ATB. I rely on good sunglasses when on my road bike.

Lou