Old February 25th 16, 06:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
W. Wesley Groleau

Default StarPerĂș DESTROYED the bicycle

On 02-24-2016 14:25, Frank Krygowski wrote:
So, it's bus and foot for the next month at least.

I'd be interested in photos of the bike.

Sorry, it's bundled up for more travel tomorrow. But I was unable to to
turn the rear wheel because the rather thick aluminum rack was twisted
so hard against it. And I may be 62, but I still have a little of my
farm boy strength left.

I stood on that rack, and my 85-90 kilograms could not affect it. By
jumping on it, I got it to move a little and could turn the wheel.
Which I then noticed was a visible angle off off being in line with the
rest of the frame. So they also bent the STEEL frame.

Either they drove over it with a heavy vehicle or someone else's luggage
is severely damaged from being pressed that hard into my Brompton.

--
Wes Groleau