Old July 25th 20, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Noisy bottle dynamo - is there any maintenance I can do?

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 1:52:20 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/25/2020 3:14 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 11:47:05 AM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 19:04:14 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Hub generators are where it's at. Look at this which is dirt cheap
and you would have to have it built into a wheel which would still
make it cheap.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nukeproof-G...b/324238672050

That's got a catchy name - "Generator" - but AFAICT that's just a hub,
not a dynamo. It doesn't generate any electricity.

I thought that might be the invention of the seller, but was
apparently contrived by the manufacturer:
http://nukeproof.com/products/hubs/

The eBay $10 price, plus $8.25 shipping, is the starting price for an
auction and not the "buy it now" price. Retail price is about $42:
http://www.groupbikes.com/products/Nukeproof-Generator-Front-Hub-%252d-15mm%252dQR-2016.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

That is really odd - why would you call it a generator hub if there was no generator in it? There are plenty of generator hubs on the market such as Shimano Alfine S501 which is 3 watts at 6 volts. This would easily drive REALLY bright LED head and taillights.

You ask why?

[raises hand] Marketing!

c.f. Communist front named 'BLM', another successful example
of 3 card monte.

Now we get some propaganda from SRS and Kragowski