Old July 26th 20, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Noisy bottle dynamo - is there any maintenance I can do?

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 13:51:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 10:46:44 AM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 15:52:11 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

You ask why?

My guess(tm) is someone at NukeProof coined the term due to a
defective understanding of the English language. They then discovered
that it sold quite well, which seemed like a good reason to not change
the name. I'm sure the FTC will be happy to write NukeProof a polite
letter indicating that this might be false and deceptive advertising.
However, since few buyers bother to file a complaint, the likelihood
of the FTC demonstrating a profit enforcing the complaint due to
collection costs from China, and nobody at NukeProof can read English,
I suspect the legal approach will go nowhere, or already has gone
nowhere.
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising
https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

After being educated in American public schools, too few people know how to write a letter of complaint.

No problem. The FTC will gladly help you craft a letter of complaint.
"How to write an effective complaint letter"
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2015/09/how-write-effective-complaint-letter
There are even sample complaint letters available that can be
plagerized:
https://www.usa.gov/complaint-letter
As a victim of the American educational system, I highly recommend you
try complaining about some of the things you've posted in a bicycle
specific newsgroup. It might be a useful skill for after you're
released from the re-education camp for treason, sedition,
crime-think, or failing to agree with whomever is in power.

However, the problem is not just a letter of complaint. I suspect
that the real problem is that there are too few people who are able to
write anything worth reading. I try to answer questions in a few of
the technical newsgroups. Many of the questions posted are impossible
to answer with the information given and are vague, ambiguous, and
incoherent. Many are one line questions with no details. Some are
devoid of any useful numbers. I suspect a few were intentionally
edited to remove any and all specific and useful information. It's
likely that anyone who cannot properly frame a technical question,
might also be unable to compose a letter of complaint.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558