Old June 22nd 06, 12:45 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc

Default How Ed Dolan and Mike Vandeman came to dominate their newsgroups

"Edward Dolan" wrote in
news:QaCdncFXmoL6PATZnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d@prairiewave. com:

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
It was never my intention to dominate a newsgroup and I am sure it
was not
Mike Vandeman's intention either, but yet I do dominate ARBR and
Vandeman does dominate RBS. We both stay on our own threads and do
not step on other
threads, but it seems that it doesn't matter. Others simply go away
and before you know it all there is on these groups is Dolan and
Vandeman. I think both of us in our separate ways serve as a
catalyst for a few others
who take us on. Our messages become increasingly contentious and
finally we
are preventing others from coming onto the group. That is certainly
not my
intention and I know it is not Vandeman's intention either. But what
to do
about it?

Tis a simple problem with a simpl solution ... L E A V E !!!!!

Well, that is ONE possible solution, but then what would I have to do.
Besides, I add interest to what would otherwise be a very dull group.
It would not be fair to those who come to ARBR and RBS expecting some
entertainment.

Ahhhhhhhh Blow Me.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I encourage others to post to these newsgroups. Vandeman and I will
stay on
our own threads as we have always done. Neither of us interfere with
other
threads that are not up our alley. Vandeman is far more focused than
I am and is almost a one-note Johnny. I am more far ranging but I
make it a point
not to interfere with on topic messages. I would like to see both
ARBR and
RBS realize their full potential. There is simply no reason for
others not
to be posting to these two newsgroups.

RBM is the standard we should be going by. It is a very large
newsgroup and
every idiot in the world is posting to it. It is impossible for any
one person to dominate that newsgroup. But whether a newsgroup is
large or small
should not matter as long as everyone respects the threads. I
repeat, I do
not step on other's threads unless they are up my alley and neither
does Vandeman. Others should feel free to post away to their heart's
content on
ARBR and RBS. We can never be like RBM in size, but we can make up
for it in
quality.