Old June 27th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Luigi de Guzman

Default Performance Bikes

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:15:11 -0500, catzz66 wrote:

There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway from
my office. Should I be happy?

Maybe.

Performance can have pretty good deals every now and again, but I've found
it to be pretty variable in terms of service.

I bought my bike from Performance: I love it, but I pretty much sold it
to myself. (Research/introspection/the input of the awesome people here at
r.b.m.) They do free warrantee tuneups for life, which is nice if you can
get them. The only problem with me has been availability--the shop near
me is so slammed they actually turned me away when I rode in with a
warrantee tuneup job--no space.

Also, the knowledge of the shopdudes can be a bit spotty. I'll never
forget the reaction I got from them when I asked where they kept their
fenders. "Why would you want those?"

In general: Performance pitches to the "sport" and "daydream-sport" types
in its marketing.

Another bike shop has opened closer to me, and I'd rather deal with them
for service, since the owner and mechanic is more sympathetic to my
needs/goals.

-Luigi

--
Luigi de Guzman