Old January 4th 17, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Ambulance: was: Age and Heart Rates

On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 02:52:42 +0000, Phil Lee
wrote:

http://www.bikejuju.com/wp-content/u...bulance600.jpg

I love the sunshade on the trailer -- the passenger looks quite
comfortable.

It might be perspective, but the tires on the trailer appear to be
significantly fatter than the tires on the bike. The cot appears to
be supported by the axles indirectly, by way of long tubes that can
bend a little, and the fabric supporting the patient is also connected
indirectly, by lacing that serves as "rope springs". I'd still hate
to ride in it with a broken bone.

I'm not terribly fond of riding in *anything* with a broken bone!

I'd hoped for other views, but the link to Namibia on Bike Juju's home
page led to an attack page that Pale Moon refused to open without
permission that I didn't feel like giving.

So I DuckDucked "rope spring" and learned that the right name for what
the passenger is lying on is "sacking bottom". At least when it's
part of an antique bed.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net