Old November 25th 04, 02:45 PM
David Martin

On 25/11/04 2:29 pm, in article , "Richard"
wrote:

John Doe wrote:
If you want to read about the benefit of wearing a helmet while
riding a bicycle, all you have to do is research the matter.

Yes. Unfortunately presenting these soundbites is not "researching the
matter."

Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2000 Jun 30;120(17):1955-9.

BACKGROUND: Bicycle helmets prevent head injury in bicycle riders...
RESULTS: ... If every rider used a helmet, about 1,600 head injuries
would be avoided every year, of these, 800 among children aged 0-
14... INTERPRETATIONS: There is a significant health improvement
potential in promoting bicycle helmets in Norway

Can't comment on this as I can't read Norweigan (David?....)

Send me a copy.. The Norwegian bit is 'the journal of the Norwegian Medical
Association'

...d