Old December 22nd 13, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Humorous Bicycle Safety Quiz

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 14:14:50 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"Joy Beeson" wrote in message ...

I came to a sudden stop at the question about car doors because none

of the answers was one I wanted to be associated with.

When overtaking a parked car, TREAT IT AS THOUGH THE DOOR WERE ALREADY

OPEN.

It is impossible to determine that a car is unoccupied, so you should

never bet your life that a door won't swing open and knock you off the
bike.

You have identified the problem correctly, but not the solution. If you pull out from every parked car you will be interfering with traffic coming from behind. You must stay out of the lane of motor vehicle traffic unless you don’t mind vexing motorists. The only thing to do is to slow down and be watchful. Riding your bike fast in an urban setting is going to get you into trouble sooner or later.

Hey, John B., this is what is known as posting content – you dumb jackass!

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Content certainly but hardly either knowledgeable or informative. Like

the rest of your posting just more imaginations of a fevered brain.

Post content or get lost. What an Asshole!

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great