Old February 13th 16, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Andrew Chaplin

Default Here's the Mileage Thread for 2015

wrote in
:

On Friday, February 12, 2016 at 6:31:19 PM UTC-8, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
puresnipll.net wrote in
:

Hey! I have not seen the "how many miles" thread for 2015 yet...did
I miss something?

I always like to see how poorly I fair compared to some of you Daddy
Long Legs out there. I take comfort in the fact that at least I'm
still out there, anyway.

So:
Pureheart in Aptos put on
2,700 miles in 2015

Divided equally with my 1980 Cannondale Touring bike and 8 year old
Easy Racer

Any others?

About 2850 miles on a 1972 Torpado between 1 April and 27 December,
which is a bloody long cycling season for Eastern Ontario in Canada.
Normally my cycling season ends on 30 November. BTW, I am about 16
years older than my frameset.

Oooo...I had no idea what a "Torpado" is/was. Very nice machine. I
assume back then they were 27", did you stay with that or convert to
the evil ^h^h^h^h new 700C format?

My "fleet" has stuck with 27". My current fave tire is the Zafirro,
whch can go up to 100 psi, rolls well and also wears fairly
quickly...about 1,000 miles in back. I like this so the tires are kept
"fresh" and one does not have a six year old casing on the front while
bombing down a long hill fully loaded on a tour.

It has always been on 700C tires, it doesn't have the clearances for 27-
inchers. Sew-ups back when I first got it. I now use Mavic 13mm rims
mounting 23mm Gatorskin clinchers now.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO