Old September 9th 05, 02:05 AM
Edward Dolan

Default Milestone Day for ARBR Arrives!

"Sunset Fanatic" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
My dreams all seem to be nightmares. I had one the other night about Tom
Sherman returning to this newsgroup to plague me once again, and lo and
behold, he is back. Same old, same old (with footnotes and all), but now
he
is calling himself something to do with a sunset. He is now apparently
living in a place called the Fox Valley, a distant suburb of Chicago....

On topic content: The proper name of the bike is "Earth Cycles Sunset
Lowracer [TM]"; therefore "sunset" should be capitalized to "Sunset" in
this context.

The rest of the world is not enamored of the Sunset like you are. Therefore,
you have created confusion where none existed before.

Off topic content: The municipality I am residing in was established
well before the area between it and the City of Chicago was developed
for residential and commercial purposes. Therefore, it is not a suburb
in the pejorative sense of the term, but a long established independent
city that has been encroached upon by urban sprawl.

Well, Hells Bells, is that not the case everywhere. Let's face it. You are
no more living in an independent community than you were when you were
living on the outskirts of the Quad Cities. You are doomed to live your life
in suburbia because that is where all the growth in the country is.

I even consider the Quad Cities to be essentially tied into Chicago as far
as the economics are concerned. If you would like to live in an independent
community, you would have to relocate to the boondocks and make the big
sacrifice in your income. To get away from suburbia you would have to live
in a small town far removed from any metro. Even medium size cities have
suburbs these days.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka