Old October 6th 17, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default NYC cycling update

On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 11:35:56 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 11:05:40 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 9:50:55 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/6/2017 11:45 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/6/2017 10:26 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/6/2017 9:52 AM, AMuzi wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3545213

We need sensible regulation, dammit. Drunk driving ought
to be against the law.ÂÂ* Anyone piloting a motor vehicle
on a public road should have to pass a skills competence
test and a written statute-based test and then carry a
document with their picture on it. More laws! Yep that
oughta do it.

Your sarcasm is noted. But what do you propose? No
requirement for driver's licenses, no limit on blood alcohol
while driving?

Since those great ideas are hardly practiced, back at you.

Our local news regularly notes arrests for 6th, 8th, 12th offense DUI.
We don't have as many illegal aliens (no registration, no license, no
speak English) as they do in SoCal but the trend is clear.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2490337.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-15-times.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...307-story.html

The topic seems to have suddenly shifted from drunk drivers to illegal
aliens. Those topics may overlap, but they are not one and the same. The
guy in your article is Hispanic, but I didn't see that he was in the
U.S. illegally.

Yah, he was an illegal -- but he did apologize. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3494205

He apparently had no prior record and had been in the US for 18 years. He's a construction worker, and in an interview, he said that he worked directly for Donald Trump. In fact, it was Trump who served him the beer and margaritas and told him to mix it up with some liberals on bikes. The interview was on Felix Jones "Info Battles," the new radical left-wing, ANTIFA YouTube channel. He was supposedly drinking with Trump at Comet Ping Pong and sending nasty Tweets to Hillary.

US citizen white people never drive drunk. FACT! Anyone who is not me, go back to your not-me country!

-- Jay Beattie.

In a March 2011 report titled "Criminal Alien Statistics, Information on Incarcerations, Arrests, and Costs", the Government Accountability Office (GAO) estimated, based on a random sample it had performed, that the criminal aliens it studied had an "average of 7 arrests, 65 percent were arrested at least once for an immigration offense, and about 50 percent were arrested at least once for a drug offense." This means that of the criminal aliens GAO studied, the average alien who had been arrested at least once was arrested seven times; simply put, criminal aliens generally commit other crimes.

Drunk driving is an offense that is particularly prone to repetition. According to MADD statistics, "an average drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before first arrest" and "every day in America, another 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes" and "about one-third of all drivers arrested or convicted of drunk driving are repeat offenders." Any individual who is arrested for DUI or DWI has likely, therefore, driven drunk tens of times before, and has an extremely high chance of doing so again.

But this is all a joke and should be demonstrated with sarcasm - right?

Absolutely -- because the nut-job Chicken Littles are driving me crazy. This is the Deseret News, the mouthpiece of the Mormon Church (but nonetheless a pretty good newspaper): https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...migration.html

You and your zany tin-foil hat crowd go overboard with such vigor and regularity that even fair-minded people like me tune out.

I'm all for reasonable immigration policies and immigration enforcement. I'm just sick, sick, sick of all the alt-right BS -- which is not only unchristian, it ignores basic economic realities -- as well as other realities.

BTW, the right should scare you, too. Paul Ryan is talking about privatizing Medicare, which means you'll get some paltry stipend to buy a policy that costs five times as much. Your alt-right wish will become a nightmare.

-- Jay Beattie.