Old October 21st 17, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Build it and they won't come

On 10/21/2017 1:28 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/21/2017 11:27 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Wait - you mean there are laws like that? And they pretty
much work? Wow, what a revelation!

Now, how can we use that insight regarding other guns? Might
there be another country whose "idfiology" we can copy?

There are indeed such laws. And if we just had better 'sensible
regulation' of explosives, the Tsarnayev brothers would still rig up a
pressure cooker.

Yes, there are occasional homicides by bomb. In the U.S., there are
perhaps 40 per year, on average. How does that compare to the number for
guns?

Sane people realize that no laws generate perfect compliance. It's silly
to cite one or two anomalous incidents as proof that a law is worthless.

As mentioned before, I can probably find two or three incidents of bike
shops getting burglarized. That doesn't mean that laws against
burglarizing bike shops are worthless. It certainly doesn't mean we
should make such burglaries legal.

--
- Frank Krygowski