Old July 2nd 17, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Potato salad

No time to polish up a sensible post this week.

Monday was washday.

Tuesday morning, I pumped up my slow leak and rode to the Trailhouse;
when I handed my spare tube to the mechanic, I told him that I'd
decided to stop carrying a spare tube, since being grounded ever since
Friday hadn't been sufficient motivation to change it myself. I do
have Fastcab on speed-dial. I really, really, must find out how I can
learn the proper etiquette for riding a taxi.

After I got home, I drove to Owen's East (Kroger) to stock up on
seltzer and five huge potatoes. (Not one weighed less than a pound.
After zapping and baking, they were really easy to peel.)

Wednesday I took a lap around Pike Lake. It's a pleasant route, but
there was only one intersection where I consulted my map, and that was
because both right and left were correct and I wanted to decide which
one. Not only is the route all too familiar, Arden's Gardens has been
downsized to feed only Arden, so I can't look forward to a stop at a
farm stand to break the monotony. Did stop at Tractor Supply to buy
peanuts in the shell. Bought onions for the potato salad at Aldi, and
an over-ripe tomato at Sweet Corn Charley's.

Thursday I drove to Aldi to buy chips for tonight's party. (Since
everybody comes to my back yard to view the fireworks, I put out chips
and soda and call it a party.)

I spent Friday making potato salad and dip and simple syrup for the
lemonade, etc.

I spent this morning helping to set up for tomorrow's church picnic,
where the potato salad will make its first appearance. I'll also take
it to the family picnic on Monday.

On the Fourth itself, I plan to sleep in.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net