Old December 6th 17, 07:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Chain Reaction closes Los Altos store.

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 10:23:15 -0800 (PST), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 5:36:14 AM UTC-5, wrote:
You're f****** nuts....All these places beat the **** out of Cameron Park.

Jay, you really don't know what you're talking about. As one who has lived in both places, I am here to attest to the fact that cycling in and around the Sierra foothills has Bay Area cycling beat all to hell. It's probably the best cycling area in the entire country. The Bay Area is too freaking crowded.

I can understand people having different preferences. But Joerg has posted
photos of roads in his area that look like paradise to me. Trouble is, he
says they show how deadly road riding is. That makes no sense.

- Frank Krygowski

I ride in a city that is always either first or second on the list of
most chaotic traffic in the world. See https://tinyurl.com/y8tgkrgj
and have never found it as terrifying as some of the descriptions I
read here.

My guess is that in fact, in several of the shots the number of two
wheel vehicles is likely greater then the average Usian has ever seen
or imagined.

Certainly most of the photos were taken at stop lights as evidenced by
the motorcycle driver's foot/feet being on the ground but the vehicle
density is not unusual for week day "rush hour".

--
Cheers,

John B.