Old July 24th 03, 10:14 PM
TC Rider

Default Thoughts on Cinelli Super Corsa??

"Eurastus" wrote in message
Many moons ago (like 24 years--back in 1979) when I first started serious

road
riding as a freshman in high school, one of the guys I rode with quite
regularly had a beautiful Cinelli with a brand new Campy Nuovo Record

group--he
even had a Cinelli saddle. What a bike. I was on a pitiful Schwinn

Traveler
III and dreamed of the day I could afford such a machine.

Well, now I can. I've been looking about for a steel framed replacement

for my
15-year-old 7-speed steed and happened into this site:

http://www.gvhbikes.com/.

They've got a beautiful Cinelli Super Corsa in a color I like and just the
right size.

I intend to equip it with a full Campy Record 10 triple group.

I want to stay with steel.

So here's my questions:

What is the reputation of Cinelli steel frames? Back in the day, they

were
considered the very best, but is this still the case?

The guy that runs GVH Bikes appears to have had some health problems and

his
shop is closed indefinitely. Is there another source for the Cinelli

Super
Corsa I could turn to should I decide to purchase?

Anything else you can tell me about the Cinelli Super Corsa?

Thanks much...

My understanding was that Cinelli was acquired by the Columbus tubing
company (love to hear otherwise). I've only seen one Super Corsa less than
a couple years old, and I'm saddened to say it didn't really match the
finish of the early models. Nowhere near as nice as the work on my
Mondonico, which would be my choice for a "traditional Italian lugged frame"
that's still fairly modern in its tubing choices and weight. Then again, I
still ride my 19 year-old Torelli and Paramount frames too...

TC