Old March 7th 17, 12:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default cassette clockwise arrow 40 nm

On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 01:53:04 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Mike Causer wrote:

If you don't have enough experience to have
calibrated hands then that's the only way.
C'mon, compared to having things fail
a half-decent torque-wrench is cheap.
Mine are ex-military Britool from
a motorcycle autojumble. Not quite up to
Snap-On quality, but still good. I don't use
them them on bicycles though, just use my
hands ;-)

Shouldn't ex-military British stuff be
very good? Hey, it is where the industrial
revolution began.

By the way, if the industrial revolution
happened in the southern hemisphere, do you
think we would put screws in the other
way around?

A story I heard in the State of Maine where wooden boat building
lobster fishing was very common.

A Master boat builder sees one of the "hands" driving screws in with a
hammer. Rolf! he shouts, "What the H___ do you think those screws got
that slot in the head for?" Rolf looks up and says, "Oh yes Boss,
that's to take them out with".
--
Cheers,

John B.