Old March 8th 17, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default cassette clockwise arrow 40 nm

On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 4:20:07 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 16:34:29 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

AMuzi wrote:

Look inside the 11t sprocket and you will see
the splines do not go fully through to the
outside. Add a 1mm spacer behind the low
gear, lube and torque your lockring and that
rattle will go away.

OK, now I get it (I think), by rattle, you mean
what I've called crash sounds. You suggest
I should remove the new cassette, put in the
spacer, and put the cassette back on? Even tho
I don't experience anything negative using it
as it is? And this time, no crash sounds or
"rattle" when pulling?

I think there is a bit of a translation problems with crash and rattle
:-) To most Americans (who is whom you are usually talking on this
site) a "crash" is the sound of you hitting a school buss at 30kph
while "rattle" is the sound of a spray paint can when you shake it to
get the paint well mixed :-)

Sounds like it's been a long time since you lived in America.