Old March 16th 17, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default new light technology

On 3/15/2017 1:48 PM, sms wrote:
On 3/14/2017 11:33 PM, Barry Beams wrote:
On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 6:27:10 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
Claims 'projector' lensing as opposed to 'reflector' lensing.
I don't know

http://www.herrmans.eu/start-english...?familyId=2209

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

~200 lumens seems to be the STVZO physical limit for 1 led with any
other approach than mine, and that still doesn't say what the
distribution is. I'm at 500+ so far filling out the whole STVZO beam
target almost evenly, in a smaller space making the same or less heat.
What's their price?

It's about $70. Must be ordered from Europe. I saw it at Interbike and
it was pretty impressive for a dynamo light in that price range, but of
course it can't compare with a battery powered light.

I have one. The beam is definitely StVZO poor. I just got it and I
haven't used it on the road yet. I hooked it up to a 6VAC supply in my
lab. It's decent. Not something to write home about, but good enough to
use in some conditions.

The wire was too short to reach the dynamo from the handlebars, and I
could not mount it to the brake bolt because the front rack is in the
way, and while I could have mounted it to the front rack, it's too low
(this is on a Dahon folder). I added some wire and a connector pair.

I used it this morning, but it was not dark out. I need to add flashing
DRL capability by interrupting the output from the dynamo. Because of
the standlight, the DRL will be more like a motorcycle DRL, varying the
intensity, but not going all the way off.

I've come up with several ways to do this. The simplest will be a reed
switch and a wheel magnet but of course the flash rate will vary with
wheel speed. But the rate looks about right at around 3 changes per
second at 10 mph.