Old March 20th 17, 06:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Habanero Ti

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 18:54:17 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

So on this Ti do I need anti seize instead of grease and should I do

a yearly pull of crank and BB. I don't do it with my bikes now but Ti
can cause galv corrosion with Al. I don't think these is any al on the
bike as such.

Titanium is quite far down the galvanic tables and generally speaking
tends to become the cathode (most protected) part of a galvanic
corrosion circuit. The Anode (least protected) is the part that is
eroded away.

The logical thing to do is to protect any major or long term threaded
parts with a anti seize of some sort. I have installed stainless parts
into aluminum a famous corrosion sandwich in the presence of an
electrolyte), using an anti seize, and removed them several years
later with no evidence of corrosion.
--
Cheers,

John B.