Old December 14th 04, 08:34 PM
Benjamin Lewis

jobst brandt wrote:

Bill Sornson writes:

Here is the fastest stock bike in the known universe

http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm

Take it to rec.sortacycles.abominations where it belongs.

You may also have noticed that the chain of this freak is so close to
the front wheel that the wheel can't steer. It's about as close as
the chain is to the rear wheel on a conventional bicycle.

An artist's (mis)conception no less.

I find this difficult to tell from the available photographs. This image
gives the best view of the front wheel and chain:

http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisi...eerer_tube.jpg

It's hard to tell on this side view, but it looks like the gap between
chain and wheel is a couple of inches, and that coupled with the smaller
diameter wheel makes it look to me like this would only be an issue for low
speed turns. It appears that it was designed for high speeds, rather than
versatility.

--
Benjamin Lewis

Seeing is deceiving. It's eating that's believing.
-- James Thurber