Old July 2nd 15, 02:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Twist-ties

On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 19:55:46 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I've been using rubber bands,

And yesterday, while writing my time of departure from the
supermarket, I noticed that a loop of the rubber band around the top
of my pencil had come undone.

I don't think I would have used it. I also noticed that it was time
to throw it out and put on a fresh one (though when I did that just
now, the old one held together and stretched normally).

Not to mention that my memo-pad case won't work properly without the
rubber band. It is a very cheap case that was intended as a party
favor, so the special pen that keeps it closed broke early on, but I
found that a short pencil with a rubber band around the top to keep it
from falling on through works fine.

The pencil is short enough that the point is inside the hinge-like
clasp, so it doesn't matter that it doesn't retract.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/