Old January 19th 18, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Reducing speed to 20mph ?created more deaths

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 24 Dec 2017 16:42:46 -0000, wrote:

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 20:40:33 +0000
Ian Jackson wrote:
bump, or partially straddling it - with both sides of the car
getting only a partial lift as the wheels pass simultaneously over
both of the sloping shoulders.

The problem with doing that is it badly wears the inside of the tyre
tread though admittedly its better to wear out a tyre than knacker a
shock absorber or spring.

I used to think my shocks wore out quick (about 1 per year) from
driving fast over bumps, but my neighbour drives very slowly (about
5mph) over them and they still **** his shocks. It's criminal and
needs to be stopped.

Prat