Old August 1st 03, 10:07 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Thoughts on braking

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:54:59 -0400, Paul Bielec wrote:
The disc brakes, in addition of having a better braking power, don't get
dirty as easy as the rims do. When you ride through several inches of mud
and water, it takes some time before the rims clean up.

....and if your rims are the least bit out of true, or if your
brakes are adjusted very close, then you get terrible, horrible
scraping noises (while not applying the brake) which are so
loud they are not only embarassing but distracting too.

That's the main reason I'd like disc brakes for my MTB; I like
to keep my V brakes adjusted very close, but they sure get loud
when the rim gets muddy.

--
Rick Onanian