Old November 17th 03, 09:37 PM
Jasper Janssen

Default Profile Design "swift shift" and shift adapter

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:24:28 -0500, David Kerber
wrote:

I was wondering if anybody had tried it and if it worked. Looking at a
picture I found on the internet of it with the top removed, it looks
like you set one of the shifters to its most relaxed position when you
want to use the other one, and both cables connect to a block which then
pulls on the cable which goes to the ders.

Yeah, that should work. You'd need the block to move along a set of rails
to keep it straight rather thasn pulling to one side or the other
depending on which shifter is being used, I'd imagine. A set of rails
suitable for this could probably be easily salvaged from an old cdrom
drive.

Jasper