Old October 30th 11, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default BBB cassette NQR

On Oct 29, 7:01 pm, James wrote:
Well, I tried to be cheap and got caught with a nasty.

Well, given that it's cheap, I guess maybe it was worth a try.

A BBB cassette and Campy chain will not run in the 13. Every other
gear is fine (10s, 11-23).

Both parts brand spanking new.

As well, the lock ring is longer than a genuine campy one, and I
suspect interferes with the cassette bearing, and doesn't have the
same positive "click" as you tighten it up.

I used the old 11 and campy lock ring. Much better.

I couldn't recommend BBB cassettes after this exercise.

Thanks for offering the benefit of your experience.