Old October 30th 11, 05:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default BBB cassette NQR

On Oct 30, 1:01*pm, James wrote:
Well, I tried to be cheap and got caught with a nasty.

A BBB cassette and Campy chain will not run in the 13. *Every other
gear is fine (10s, 11-23).

Both parts brand spanking new.

As well, the lock ring is longer than a genuine campy one, and I
suspect interferes with the cassette bearing, and doesn't have the
same positive "click" as you tighten it up.

I used the old 11 and campy lock ring. *Much better.

I couldn't recommend BBB cassettes after this exercise.

I just swapped the new chain for the old. The old chain was not badly
worn. The 13 works better with the old chain than the new!

Makes me wonder if the problem is that the Campy chain is
"tight" (1/2" pitch) when new, and the new BBB cassette a little
"loose" (1/2" pitch).

--
JS.