Old August 12th 19, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Cyclist on wrong side of the road

On 12/08/2019 19:08, Rob Morley wrote:
On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 22:20:52 +0100 TMS320 wrote:

- why does anybody need to be bothered about it?

Normally I try to give cyclists half the road - if I'm passing one on
my side I have to go into the other lane, while if he was on the
correct side I wouldn't have to do anything to pass him. Plus if he's
silly enough to ride on the wrong side I have to expect him to do
something dangerous, like swinging a U-turn while answering his
phone, so slow right down.

On one occasion I was turning out of a junction onto a three lane one
way main thoroughfare (urban 30 limit) into a lane where I encountered a
teenager facing me doing wheelies.

It was a nice big space, an obviously quiet time. Good on him. I can
easily imagine that some people (given the hysterical attitude we often
get), would consider something like this as verging on a national disaster.