Old August 3rd 19, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Trek/Bontrager Wavecell Technology Helmets

On 8/2/2019 8:48 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 9:35:16 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/2/2019 8:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 9:14:27 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 5:23:28 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2019 15:21:48 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

I just got an advertisement from Trek in which they now claim that the
latest Wavecell has not 28 times but 48 times the protection for your
head than normal foam.

The question to ask yourself is "where is the point of failure now".

When mushroom style bicycle helmets, aka bell, first came out, there was
a nasty rise in a spine based injury of a rather severe and fatal type.

There was? I know the Bell Biker was directly linked to social isolation and reduction in sexual activity, but I wasn't aware that it was causing severe and fatal spinal injuries. https://www.sheldonbrown.com/images/...4bellbiker.jpg

-- Jay Beattie.

Wasn't that also known as the Bell Tourlite?

Cheers

Biker preceded Tourlite.

Was there much difference between them?

Cheers

Compare Biker image link above with the Tourlites below

http://www.grandgetawaycabin.com/eaqvir19940/

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/5304...extremely-rare

Lighter weight and a visor (visors were scratched by CPSC as
an eye hazard. Visors returned 10 years later with a softer
material and breakaway mounting)

Evaluating relative fashion 'dork factor' is left as an
exercise for the reader.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/