Old August 14th 19, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Professional use of proper size wrench

Ted Heise wrote:
:On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 09:21:27 -0700 (PDT),
: Tom Kunich wrote:
: On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 5:34:53 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
: On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:44:16 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:

: Broken fingers are very bad news. They generally do not grow
: back together properly.
:
: It seems to me that bumps on the joints of the little fingers
: nearest the nail are the sign of a bicyclist who knows where
: the limits of his bike are.

: Hey Andre - last Tuesday I exceeded 100,000 ft of climbing for
: the year. To celebrate I did another 2,500 yesterday.

:Just 71k here; there isn't much in the way of extended climbing
:around northern Indiana.

When I lived in Northern Indiana, a friend had a 'climbing loop'. It
was ride over a bridge over the Toll Road, turn around, ride the other
way. Repeat until you get bored. Because the toll road is build on
an embankment, some of the bridge crossings have 100' of elevation
change in them. So he could do two 100' hills in a half mile. You
got to go a fair distance to find better hills, the glaciers did a
good job.

--
sig 30