Old August 17th 06, 03:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

Default LED Headlight

HughMann wrote:
Has anyone bought one of these?
Any Road Tests? At $ 60 would need to be brilliant ( haha)

'Infini Luxo 1 w Headlight' (http://tinyurl.com/g6g9k)

Bought a PowerBeam 5 lead cheapo ($15) light which is very bright but
the mounting is P155 weak and the light rattles off so I now have to
use a loop of knicker elastic to keep it on the handlebars.

Have mucked about with various homebrew lighting attemps at that are
never waterproof and are totally bog ugly.

Cheers
Hugh

My mate had a similar one, and our opinion was "good for walking". Not
really bright enough for off-road riding. On road, and to be seen,
would be OK.

You might be interested to know the latest Jaycar Cattledog has them
for $30 something (maybe $39.95) - a saving of $30 off their rrp. I'm
tempted, but not for riding.

And homebrew doesn't have to be totally bog ugly - even though most of
mine are! You're the builder, *you* can make them as attractive or not
as you like. ;^) Mine aren't waterproof, either. I've had water
pooling inside the halogens on numerous occasions. They've still worked
just fine, but that's just anecdotal - I haven't done anything
scientific to test.

Have to use knicker elastic, eh? Best excuse for snowdropping I've ever
heard! ;^)

Tony F
www.thefathippy.com
Blue Mountains mtb rides and home made lights